One Night Ultimate Werewolf

  • Each player gets a unique role: A Werewolf, Seer, Troublemaker, or another, all with special abilities
  • After a secret night phase that includes changing roles, players have just 5 minutes to find a Werewolf
  • Includes a free iOS/Android app that makes playing incredibly engaging and addictive
  • May be combined with One Night Ultimate Werewolf Daybreak and One Night Ultimate Vampire for epic battles
  • 3-10 players, Ages 8 and up

This is an excellent, quick, rapid fire party game. We have this along with a couple of expansions. Our group usually fluctuates between 5 and 9 people. Almost all of them enjoy whipping out One Night every now and then. Pros 1. Quick game with simple rules. Learn your role, and if you're the werewolf, lie about it. 2. The base game comes with the basics, excellent for learning the platform. 3. The base game comes with 16 cards. That's enough for a game with 13 people if you really want to stretch it. 4. Games are quick. 5-10 minutes tops, sometimes less if someone slips up. 5. Good, high quality character cards and curator chips. Fits in a small box, easy to store. 6. Plenty of expansions that add tons of interesting stuff to the game. 7. The game has an app for your smartphone (Android and iOS) that is required for play. Kinda like the modern feel of it. It really just tells everyone what to do during their turn and keeps a timer for the debate segment. Cons 1. None really. I guess the app could be a little better (a sort option for the character selections would've been nice, especially when you get a few expansions deep), but it's overall not a big deal. I love this game, it's one of my favorites. This with a few expansions offers tons of fun. It's also easy to learn which is nice for new players. Would recommend.

My sister wanted this game for Christmas, so I got it for her. Turns out she has played the game before with her in-laws and husband, so they ended up getting her the expansion pack. She opened it on Christmas, of course was happy, and then we played as a game. After getting the hang of it, which really took maybe all of 10 minutes, we were playing like mad fools. It is tricky trying to not be the "Wolf" if you are indeed the wolf. What made the game so much better was that my 11 year old nephew and 9 year old niece played with us, and they were either really very very good at lying, or very very bad. This has become our New family party game. I would highly recommend this to anyone interested in this type of game as it isn't your typical card game. Also there is an APP which can be used with the game, makes it more fun, or you can just follow the instructions. Definitely a winner in my books.

I borrowed the game from a boardgaming geeky friend and played it with my kids. My 7-yo son initially was too scared to play, but after the first round he was addicted. He's the one who then gave me his chore money to buy the game for him on Amazon. The companion app for iPhone makes play very simple to follow, and it's a quick game that can be setup, played and "solved" in less than 10 minutes. At first I wasn't sure about how I felt about the main game mechanic that effectively taught people to be deceitful and lie. Ultimately it led to an excellent discussion with my kids about telling the truth, and how as long as we all agree that it's ok to try to trick one another, then we can play. Luckily, my kids have learned the difference and keep deceit where it belongs, only in the gameplay. What they have learned is how to carefully and playfully ask others questions to help root out lies and uncover the truth, which is an excellent life skill. There are enough cards and variation that you can keep 3 players having fun, and it scales well up to a large group of people. I've played this at work with 10+ people with burst-out-laughing results. Fun game for all ages, highly recommended.

This game is very fun I love playing it! We play multiple rounds each night because they're so quick. We also use the free app for the game and it makes the narration go by quicker and smoother than if somebody was reading it. I highly recommend playing this game with at least 5 or more people simply because playing with three people is not as fun as it the game should be. I did have some issue with popping out the cards from the cardboard cutout my Insomniac card got damaged on the back so its kind of obvious when somebody is the Insomniac but I will eventually buy card sleeves for them but most likely that's mostly my fault. So if you're careful you won't have this issue but I'll kind of little too zealous into excited. This is a great game to play for example while playing different game as longer in between turns. Overall this game is amazing and it's definitely one of my permanent games in my game chest.

My first Amazon review because it's just that dang good! I just got through playing this obsessively this past weekend at Kublacon in the Bay Area. I tried a demo game on Saturday, and after one game I was hooked. I then played and hosted the game for about 16 hours on Sunday until my tablet died and my voice was hoarse from narrating. This is a near-perfect distillation of the Ultimate Werewolf ruleset. Playing has no eliminations, no moderating, and lasts less than ten minutes (we typically played between 4-7 minutes depending on the size of the group). Everyone plays. Everyone has fun. Everyone lies. It's the best of deception and deduction. Here's how the game works: Players each take a card from a pile in the middle, and there are three cards left in the middle (there are always N+3 cards being used in the game). Each card has a role on it that can range from a vanilla Villager to Werewolf to the really dumb to play with Doppelganger (really, just never put it in the game because it's horrible). Players then arrange their cards into a "board" with the three unselected cards in the middle, and the player cards pointing at each player. Then begins the night phase. During the night phase, certain roles take their turn in order. Seers can look at another player's card or two from the middle, Robbers can steal another players role and give the other player their Robber card. Troublemakers swap two other players cards without seeing what their roles are, and so on. Then everyone wakes up for the day phase. During the day phase, everyone must come to a consensus on who the werewolf is based on where the cards ended up. No one can look at their card during the day phase, so there is a chance that you may not be the same role that you were before and not know it. Everyone works together to figure out what happened and who knows what. A game of deception and deduction. At the end of the time limit agreed upon, everyone votes by pointing their finger at another player. Whoever receives the most votes dies and reveals their role. And that's the entire game. Basic victory is that Team Villagers win if at least one werewolf dies or if no one dies and no one is a werewolf. Otherwise, Team Werewolf wins. There are other victory conditions depending on the roles being used, but this is the basic one. You can play with one player doing the announcing during the night, or, and kudos to Bezier Games for this, use the free iOS or Android app to do the announcing for you. Like I said, the game is nearly perfect. Nearly. I feel like some rules can definitely be fleshed out or clarified a bit more -- perhaps a tree diagram of win conditions since that can be a little hairy once Tanners and Minions are involved. There was only one thing I really had issue with: Currently, the rules state that if the game ends in a tie of greater than one vote, all of those in a tie die. We ended up changing this to no one dies. This gives more power to the werewolves and, really, just makes more sense I think. I don't think there would be a situation where a village would willingly risk an innocent just because they're indecisive. All-in-all, I think this is such an excellent game. I probably ended up selling more copies of the game on Sunday than the Bezier booth did since I was encouraging every passerby to join in. "Five minutes. What could it hurt?" Next thing we know, we've been playing for five hours straight. If you played with me at Kublacon on Sunday (I was the faux-hawky Asian guy), thanks for joining in. I hope that it encouraged you to go and buy the game. If you're Bezier Games, I'm expecting my royalty check some time soon (Kidding!).

EDIT: I have changed my review to five stars as I was contacted by Bezier Games and they were kind enough to send me a legitimate copy to replace the counterfeit one I got from Amazon. Their customer service is second to none and I'm so glad that they've dealt with the counterfeit issue so other customers won't get the wrong impression of an excellent game from an excellent company! Original review remains below, in case anyone else got a bad copy: I hate giving this game a low rating because for playability and fun it is fantastic! A very fun game and was a hit with all the high school students I convinced to play, even the reluctant ones. The art is really nice, too. However, the components themselves are cheaply-made and lack quality control. All the game contains are role cards and circular role marking chits, printed on thick, rigid cardboard. A good idea for a game that is very hands-on, but the quality of the cardboard used isn't very good. Upon opening the box many of the cards were already floating around inside, but then the ones that were still attached to their sprigs weren't cut all the way through and I had to use a blade to cut them as cleanly as possible. Even so a couple of them suffered small tears to the back-side (before I noticed the problem, oops) which marks the cards, not good for this kind of game at all. A few of the cards also had indentations running through them that mark the back. The circular chits were misaligned pretty badly - this didn't affect gameplay but the back sides had the names right on the edges. After playing this game fifteen or so times I've noticed that the printing is rubbing off of the cards, which is a bummer since the art was the real highlight (since you can essentially play the same game using any other cards to identify roles). So, again, a very fun game and totally worth playing -- the mobile app makes it dead simple and we enjoyed the non sequiturs thrown in -- but it would be nice if the components were at least plastic-coated to prevent wearing.

A co-worker brought this in and our game group waited for almost half a year to actually play it. When we did, this almost instantly became my favorite party game, and I've since bought Daybreak as well. I love playing titles like Codenames and SpyFall, but the accessibility of this game, along with its quick play time and the wonderful app that you can use just knocked it out of the ballpark for me. Deception has never been this much fun, and it is one of those games that your group will be talking about long afterward.

If you like social deduction games. You have to have this game. My friends and I play almost weekly and it is by far the most fun game we have ever played. The game also plays really quick, so if you don't like your character, you get to be someone else a few minutes later. The best part about this game is that there is an app that acts as a narrator so everyone can play. It's free to download, and is also really helpful for people learning to play the game. If you buy this game, I would also highly suggest buying the expansion Daybreak, as there are some good characters in that game that make the game really interesting. Overall, this is a high quality game, and I would recommend it to everyone.

My family loves this game! We love the classic mafia group game, but we seldom have enough players to play that as much as we’d like to. This is a similar option that we can play with just our family of 4, because of the narrator app! We also play it any chance we get with a larger group because it’s more fun with more players! While a simple, easy-to-learn game, there are so many intricacies & possible strategies that keep the game interesting. The more we play it, the more strategies we think of! To lie or not to lie? As the werewolf, claim to be just a villager? Pretend to be the robber & make the actual robber try to convince everyone that they’re the one actually telling the truth?! As the minion, pretend to be the werewolf to take the kill & protect the werewolves? It’s werewolves & minion against villagers (and the option of one role with a different motive if you want to make it more complex 😜)! We love the different character roles. Every time, we take into consideration who’s playing & choose which roles to use. With new players, we won’t use the more complicated characters like doppelgänger or tanner. Most new people we introduce the game to want to go buy it & ask where we got it! Our cards are getting worn out from using them so much! 😆 Amazon price can fluctuate but was almost half the price of other retailers’ when I bought it! Great purchase, would definitely buy again! Now I want to go play it... 😂

My family and I play a lot of board games and this game is our second most favorite game. We liked this game so much that I bought the expansion pack for it. Reading, understanding, and explaining the rules might take a little bit of time. Also, remembering the characters might take a bit of practice and time to get used to them but once you get a handle of the game it is very fun and addicting. I highly suggest getting the app for the game because it makes the game much easier to play. The app removes the requirement for someone to read the passage that is required before the game starts. The app also has a timer that tells you when to stop the game and guess who the werewolves are. Anyone can play this game and the more people play it at once the better it gets.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

History Deaths on August 29

Daily Scorpio Horoscope August 30 (30/08)

TIANJI Smart 4 Ceramic Pot Electric Stew Pot DGD33-32EG 4-in-1 3.2L+2x0.65L+0.45L