Emerson EWD2203 DVD/VCR Combo

  • DVD/VCR Combo Player
  • Media type: DVD+R, CD-R, DVD-R, CD-RW, DVD+RW, DVD-RW, DVD, CD, DVD-Audio, VHS
  • Front And Rear Audio/Video Inputs
  • Automatic Head Cleaner
  • TruSurround Sound Effect

I just happened to be looking for a universal remote for this DVD/VCR and our TV. Even though I didn't buy mine from Amazon I thought I would put my "two-cent" review in! I bought mine from Wal-Mart so many years ago I can't even remember how old it is; probably around 10 or 15 years old and it still works pretty darn good. I've had the DVD player to mess up while playing a movie or two but I think it was probably the DVD itself because everything else I play is just fine; and the VHS player is still working just fine. I still have tons of VHS tapes. I would love to convert my tapes but I just don't have the time to do that, besides I don't have the time to look at them all anyway. As long as I have this combo and it keeps working, I'm happy. Anyway, I thought I needed a new remote for it because I was having trouble selecting things on the menu. I changed the batteries but that didn't help... but then I noticed there was a pretty thick layer of dust on top of the DVD/VCR so once I got the dust off, the remote seems to be working just fine. So if you ever have problems with your remote, just get the dust off of it! I'll be keeping my combo until it dies!

Works great thank you

Vcr/dvd player work good. No issues from it

GREAT item and seller, both. This is now the 2nd Emerson-brand DVD-VCR player I've owned, and I made a VERY specific effort to get a more or less IDENTICAL model Emerson because the first one I bought lasted for more than 10 years, before the DVD player's optical reader FINALLY broke (the VHS player, however, was STILL going strong!!!!) HIGHLY RECOMMENDED DVD-VHS player!!! A++++

well packaged and no damage from mail. works really well thank you

I'm sort of baffled by the negative reviews. Perhaps I just got a good one. I've had mine going on 10 years now and works like it did when I first bought. It has gone through 3 moves across 2 states, been packed, unpacked, boxed, unboxed, the whole nine yards. A fantastic product.

When I ordered this item I was really looking for a dvd recorder. The vcr was juat a bonus. I was a little disappointed when it came, but I wasw able to get another dvd recorder and I have literally hundreds of vcr tapes to be put on dvd. VCR's are getting harder and harder to find so this machine is really working out well and it was in beautiful condition when it arrived. I am very satisfied even if I did not read the add as well as I should have.

Was vacationing in Florida and they had this unit in the condo. Fell in love with it and came home and purchased from Amazon. Had it in a couple of days. Great unit would highly recommend.

Comments